Your Business Can Benefit From Social Media Giveaways
Giveaways are a tried-and-true method of marketing that can be used to great effect on social media. If done correctly, they can help you boost your brand awareness, grow your social media following, and even generate leads. In this article, we’ll show you how your business can benefit from social media giveaways.
What are social media giveaways?
They are a great way to promote your business and give something back to your fans and followers. By offering a prize or discount, you can encourage people to like, share, and comment on your posts, which helps to increase your reach and grow your audience.
Not only do social media giveaways help you to reach more people, but they can also be used to build brand awareness and loyalty. By offering a prize that is relevant to your business, you can remind people of what you do and why they should choose you over other businesses.
If you’re thinking of running a social media giveaway, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First, make sure the prize is something that people will actually want. It should be relevant to your business and valuable enough that people will be willing to share it with their friends. Second, create clear rules and promote it ahead of time so people know what they need to do to enter. Finally, pick a winner fairly using a random number generator or another method like Socialman. The app allows users to complete small tasks on social media as a giveaway entry.
We will discuss all the steps in more detail further in the article.
Why should businesses do it?
The answer is simple: this is an easy and effective way to reach new potential customers and show existing customers some love.
When done right, social media giveaways can help businesses to increase brand awareness, grow their social media following, generate leads, and boost sales. Plus, they’re just plain fun.
If you’re thinking of running a social media giveaway for your business, here are a few tips to help you make the most of it:
- Set some goals. What do you want to achieve? More followers? More engagement? More sales? Once you know what you want to accomplish, you can tailor your giveaway accordingly.
- Choose the right prize. Offer something that will appeal to your target audience and that aligns with your brand. If you’re not sure what would make a good prize, take a look at what other businesses in your industry are offering.
- Create clear and concise rules. Be sure to let participants know what they need to do to enter the giveaway and be clear about any eligibility requirements. The last thing you want is for people to be confused or frustrated about how to enter.
- Promote, promote, promote. The more people who know about your game, the more successful it will be. So be sure to share it on all of your social media channels and with your email list. You can even run ads or boost posts to reach even more people.
- Make it easy to enter. The easier you make it for people to enter, the more likely they are to do so. Consider using tools to manage your giveaway and make it simple for participants to enter.
- Engage with participants. Take the time to thank people for entering your contest and engage with them in the comments. This is a great way to build relationships and create goodwill around your brand.
- Choose a winner fairly. When it’s time to choose a winner, be sure to do so fairly – random is always best! This will help ensure that people trust your profile and are more likely to participate in future ones.
- Follow up with participants. Once the contest is over, don’t forget to follow up with participants (especially the winner!). Thank them again for taking part and let them know what they can expect next. This is a great way to keep the momentum going and turn one-time participants into long-term fans.
Case studies of businesses that benefited from social media contests
To show you how this works, let’s take a look at three businesses that have benefitted from running social media giveaways.
1. Brand Awareness
Running a social media contest is an excellent way to increase brand awareness for your business. When done correctly, you can reach a large audience and attract new customers to your business.
One business that saw great success with this strategy is Fabletics. The athletic apparel company ran a social media contest on Instagram where they gave away a free outfit to one lucky winner. To enter the giveaway, participants had to follow Fabletics on Instagram and tag three friends in the comments section of the giveaway post.
As a result, Fabletics gained over 100,000 new followers on Instagram and saw a significant increase in website traffic. The company was also able to reach a new audience and expand its customer base.
2. Generate Leads
In addition to increasing brand awareness, social media contests can also be used to generate leads for your business. By requiring participants to provide their contact information to enter the contest, you can quickly build a database of potential customers that you can market to in the future.
One business that successfully used this strategy is Crave Cupcakes. The cupcake company ran a giveaway on Twitter where they gave away a free dozen cupcakes to one lucky winner. To enter, participants had to follow Crave Cupcakes on Twitter and retweet the giveaway post.
As a result, Crave Cupcakes collected over 2,000 email addresses from participants. The company was then able to use these email addresses to send promotional messages and generate sales.
3. Boost Sales
Social media giveaways can also be used to boost sales for your business. By offering products or services as prizes, you can entice potential customers to purchase your products or use your services.
One business that saw success with this strategy is Bose. The audio equipment company ran a social media giveaway on Facebook where they gave away a free pair of headphones to one lucky winner. To enter the giveaway, participants had to like Bose on Facebook and share the giveaway post.
Social media giveaways can be a great way to promote your business and engage with potential customers. By offering an incentive for people to follow you or share your content, you can reach a wider audience and create some buzz around your brand. If you’re not sure how to get started, check out our guide on how to run a successful social media giveaway.