5 Essential Things to Know Before Using Invisible Braces – 2023 Guide
Having a perfect, straight set of teeth used to mean enduring the pain and discomfort of wearing braces. But that’s no longer the case now that Health.com’s review of best invisible braces are available. Clear orthodontics is revolutionary because it takes away the stigma of wearing unsightly wire braces for several months. Also, even adults won’t be embarrassed to use them. In fact, the global market for clear braces is dominated by adults largely due to a couple of factors:
- Adults prefer a more aesthetic approach to orthodontics
- Malocclusion is becoming more prevalent in adults due to factors such as lifestyle and dental hygiene.
Since the market is expanding, the options are also increasing. Additionally, the services are becoming more innovative and efficient. If you explore this review, you’ll learn that it’s possible to have clear aligners without visiting a dentist. For example, some providers offer remote monitoring of your treatment progress – which is a great option to have in the current circumstances. You can also check this guide about dental braces from medicalprices.co.uk.
Orthodontics via virtual dental care
Remote delivery of medical services is a concept that’s catching on in the dental sector. According to a survey conducted by DentaVox, 78% of patients believed they’re likely going to use virtual dental care in the next five years. These days, an overwhelming driver for the promotion of virtual dental services is the ongoing pandemic. Indeed, getting the best dental care, especially orthodontics, has become quite a challenge. Fortunately, clear orthodontic treatment is possible without physical visits to your dentist’s office.
Modern Orthodontics is here to offer you and your child with all the information and support you need to make a smooth, stress-free transition with your braces.
But before you move ahead with your plan to get clear orthodontics, here are five essential considerations you need to know.
Clear aligners aren’t for everyone
Clear braces can treat minor dental issues such as crooked teeth, overbite, and crowding. However, for more severe malocclusion, it may be better to go the traditional route. There are other treatment options available to get straight teeth. It’s always best to consult with your dentist to get detailed recommendations on the best treatment for your condition.
Wearing clear braces requires commitment
Every orthodontic treatment requires commitment. You also need the discipline to wear the device for at least 17 hours every day. Not following the recommended time to wear the brace may delay the effects or render it ineffective.
Proper oral hygiene should be observed all the time
A clear brace worn over your teeth can cause additional dental problems if you don’t observe proper oral hygiene. For example, failing to floss or wearing the aligners without brushing will trap particles in between your teeth. Neglect could lead to cavities or plaque, forming on a tooth’s surface. These problems will only make it harder to achieve a perfectly aligned set of teeth.
Clear braces are more convenient because of limited or no dental visits
One of the biggest hassles to wearing traditional wire braces is the requirement to visit your dentist for check-ups and adjustments regularly. It’s possible to omit this step if you wear clear aligners instead. Since clear braces are typically recommended for minor occlusions, the dental provider can create the mount by requesting the patient to send in the dental impressions. Of course, it depends on whether you’re a likely candidate for this type of treatment. Typically, orthodontists require X-rays and other tests before proceeding with the treatment.
There is still some discomfort
Don’t assume that clear aligners are entirely free of discomfort. The aligners will still feel foreign and affect food intake or speech, albeit minimally. After a few days of wearing the device, you’ll start to get used to it. Getting used to the feeling of having the brace covering your teeth is essential so that you remain committed to the recommended treatment period.
The importance of choosing a dental service provider
Now that we’ve discussed what you can expect from clear orthodontics let’s consider the importance of choosing a provider. We all know that dental services vary from one provider to another. Perhaps you’re thinking about getting treatment from a well-known dental chain. Or, maybe you feel more comfortable about visiting your trusted family dentist. Remember that choosing a provider is key to the success of your treatment. Which is why here are several essential considerations.
- Do you prefer the added convenience of virtual dental care? For most busy adults, going to a dentist’s office can be time-consuming. If you want to try virtual dental care for your clear aligners, make sure that you choose a reputable provider. Look at the type of clear braces they have and the technology they use. You may also want to read reviews and feedback from previous clients before entrusting them with your treatment.
- Is the provider run by certified orthodontists? Dental care is still a business, after all. But, you still need to ensure that you get the best possible care from board-certified orthodontists. If you prefer to get treated through physical appointments, it would also be best to check the facilities and take note of their customer service.
- Can the provider switch from physical appointments to virtual care? During this time, having the option to switch to virtual appointments is an advantage. Also, clear aligners won’t require adjustments, unlike traditional wire braces – which makes it ideal for virtual care. Ask the provider about their process, especially when it’s time to replace the tray.
- Does the provider have photos and testimonials from past clients? Reading reviews and feedback helps, but having additional evidence of their services such as photos and videos will make a great impact on your decision. If you can, fact check these testimonials by cross-referencing them with user-generated comments on social media.
In conclusion, clear aligners are indeed the perfect solution for adults looking to fix dental issues like malocclusion. Keep in mind, however, that this type of orthodontic treatment isn’t for everyone. There are still many factors to consider before deciding whether you’re a suitable candidate. When it comes to choosing a provider, always exercise due diligence. Also, think about the benefits of virtual care and how it can be a vital advantage when you need to get routine check-ups done safely and conveniently.