Why Should you Go for Dental Implants in 2023?
Dental health and oral hygiene should be a priority for both men and women this year. You can enjoy and embrace that Hollywood smile – with the right implants! At Draristide.ro, you can learn a lot about perfect dental implants, and you can enjoy your new pearly whites! Just keep on reading and find out why implants are a must-have in 2023!
What are dental implants?
These are replacement tooth roots that can be applied only by a professional dentist. Implants can be permanent or removable and each model is made and catered to match your natural teeth shape & length. They are placed into your jawbone and are seamless & natural. This technique is one of the most-used ways for people who wish to replace their missing teeth. Today, this method has a success rate of 98% and is pretty common for both men and women.
Can anyone get dental implants?
This is different and it may vary from person to person. In most cases, sure, you can get dental implants if your dentist says so. Some of the benefits of getting dental implants are better esthetics and reduction of bone resorption according to Bremerton Dental. However, there are some requirements that you must meet, and those are:
- You should have healthy gums
- You should have enough bones that can hold your implant
- You should do your dental check-ups regularly
- You shouldn’t be a smoker
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes or heart diseases should be discussed beforehand
Top 5 advantages of getting dental implants
1. Your confidence level – dental implants can look like your natural teeth. They will fuse with your natural bone and will become permanent while still having that natural look. If you are a fan of seamless work and you love natural-like beauty treatments or procedures, you will enjoy getting the implants!
2. You will improve your speech – some people may experience mumbling or slurring of the words with improper fillers or poor dental work. You will definitely experience slurring if you have a missing tooth. With implants, you will speak easily without the worry that your teeth might slip or move around!
3. They are quite comfortable – implants may feel a bit unusual at the beginning since you need to get used to them. However, after a couple of days- they won’t feel heavy or uncomfortable at all.
4. You will eat with ease & pleasure – chewing can sometimes be difficult or painful, especially if you have problems with your root canal or teeth. Dental implants will function like your natural teeth, which means that you will eat your food without any discomfort or pain.
5. Amazing durability – implants are durable and will last you for several years. With proper care and regular check-ups, they might even last you a lifetime, which justifies their price point!
Is the process painful?
Luckily, this is not a painful process. You can thank local anesthesia for taking away most pain and discomfort during the procedure.
After the process is done you might experience slight discomfort, but nothing that can’t be taken care of with a bit of Motrin or Tylenol! Your dentist will prescribe one of these at the end of the procedure.
You should place and use an ice-cold pack over your skin to reduce any swelling after the treatment.
Make sure to rest, drink some water, and take one day off work to fully rest and rejuvenate, you might need it.
Are there different types of dental implants?
Yes, your dentist will work with either endosteal or subperiosteal implants. Endosteal is an implant that is in the bone, while subperiosteal can rest on top of your jawbone.
Most dentists nowadays only use endosteal, but your dentist will explain to you all your options before you begin the procedure.
What is the process like?
Step 1: Be aware that it is a time-consuming process. In some cases, it may take several months from start to finish. This is because each procedure is different, and the making of your implants can take a while.
Step 2: You might need bone grafting. If your jawbone isn’t strong or thick enough you might need to do bone grafting. This is a process that is vital for your bones since it will hold your implant. If your jawbone is too weak, all will fail. You can choose to create a graft from another location in your body, you can get a synthetic bone graft, or you can go for bone-substitute material.
Step 3: The bone may take several months to grow and develop inside of your gum. You can’t speed up this process, so make sure that you are patient. However, if you have a naturally healthy jawbone – you are in the clear and you may continue further!
Step 4: Now it is time to place your implant. Your dentist or your oral surgeon will make a cut to expose your bone. They will drill the bone and will create small holes that will hold the implant.
Step 5: Your metal implant is placed in your jawbone. Now, the process of osseointegration begins. This means that your jawbone will grow along with it.
Step 6: After osseointegration is complete, you will need to place the abutment – the crown of the implant. The abutment is attached to the dental implant while you’re under local anesthesia. In the end, you will choose your artificial teeth: removable or fixed.
Are there any complications?
Every surgery can have complications as well as risks. The most common ones, when it comes to dental implants, are:
Luckily, the success rate is quite high and failures are rare with this procedure. However, you should be aware of your allergies before making your appointment. If not, rather get your test done so that you can avoid any possible complications.
Is there a follow-up appointment that is necessary?
Your dental implants need to be maintained and checked up on regularly. They can develop a condition over your natural gums. It is called “peri-implantitis” and you might experience inflammation and soreness. If untreated, you could lose your implant/s. You should practice good oral hygiene at home, and book your regular doctor & dentist check-ups every 3 months!