How to Wash Your Hands Properly? – 2020 Guide
Regular hygiene is the basic and cheapest preventive measure for various infections. In this way, you eliminate the possibility of spreading infectious diseases that are most often transmitted by unclean hands. Apart from the fact that this is an unavoidable procedure when it comes to hygiene, this should also be the basic culture of all people.
Colds, flu, and infectious diarrhea can easily occur if you do not take care of your health and the people around you. When poor hygiene and poor sanitation are combined, a large number of deaths occur annually from diarrheal diseases.
So it is not difficult to use this very effective method a little more often than you usually do. However, it is not enough to just use some soap / gel, rub and rinse with water. Regular hygiene also requires proper washing because only in this way can dirty hands be completely washed away and thus prevent the spread of intestinal infectious glitters.
Such diseases are also called diseases of dirty hands, and this includes parasites such as intestinal worms. Poor hygiene can also lead to acute respiratory infections due to touching the face, and during the day we touch the face unconsciously too many times. That is why washing them with soap is the best way to prevent the mentioned infectious diseases.
How does infection occur?
We all know that our hands (as well as the rest of the body) are not sterile. So we cannot expect that when in contact with bacteria, they will simply bounce off us, on the contrary. Our skin is the host for a lot of microorganisms that have been living there for a long time and that is normal. They even protect us from more serious microorganisms that cause many serious diseases.
It is these microorganisms that are constantly trying to stick to our skin during daily contact with the environment. They are found on every object we touch (if not sterile) and on every being, we come in contact with.
These potential causes of various diseases can enter our body in several ways (through the eyes, mouth, nose and openings in the skin). That is why frequent and proper handwashing constantly removes these microorganisms and prevents their accumulation.
What does proper hygiene mean?
Before you decide to wash them, it is important to remove all the jewelry you have. This is necessary because a lot of bacteria stay on these objects, and soap cannot reach every part. Then, choose any type of soap that suits you. This includes soap in solid or liquid form.
The best solution is definitely liquid soap with which you need to wash your hands properly for at least 30 seconds. The water temperature should not be too hot or cold, it is most desirable to be medium temperature or lukewarm. Cold water will not do a good job, and hot water can overdo it and damage the skin.
We should note that when closing the faucet after washing your hands, you should not do it with just washed hands, but with a paper towel or some other material. Immediately throw the used napkin in the bucket and avoid contact with the part that was in contact with the faucet. If you do not do this, washing will have no effect.
It should not be mentioned that after properly washing your hands, you should not touch anything that is found in your physical environment if you plan to eat or perform any other activity that requires clean hands.
Steps to washing it properly
Most omissions during hygienic hand washing occur when attention is not paid to all parts of the hands. It is especially inconvenient when you have long nails or you do not remove the jewelry, which is mandatory as we mentioned earlier. If you want to wash each part thoroughly, follow these steps:
- Of course, it is first necessary to wet your them with water. The next step is to take the soap. Put soap so that your whole palms are covered with liquid, use enough soap.
- After that, make circular movements with your palms so that they rub in a circular direction for a period of time.
- Now that you have washed your palms well, it is time for the part between the fingers. This is an ideal place for bacteria to multiply, because it is warm and humid if you do not dry it well. Wash this area properly by using the right palm to rub the left palm area and vice versa. The safest way to dry is to use hand dryer, avoid a towel that collects bacteria. You can check various available models of hand dryers on the Dolphy website.
- Once you have done this, repeat the process just a little differently. Now lean palm to palm and rub the same area, but by crossing your fingers.
- Then you should bend your fingers by rubbing the outside of your fingers with the palm of the opposite hand, repeat the process with the inverted hand of course.
- It is the turn of your palace, and you will wash it by making circular movements of the other hand while its palm embraces the palace of the opposite. Repeat the same process with the other hand.
- The next step is to rub the fingers of one hand by gathering them and rubbing them against the palm of the other one, then repeat everything with the other one.
- Finally, rinse them thoroughly with water and then dry them properly.
We hope you understand how important it is to wash your hands regularly and properly, as well as the way you should do it. You can also use disinfectants as an alternative. However, do not rely solely on such things because they have no effect when your hands are visibly dirty, you have blood on your skin or some other organic material. Then it is safest to use water and soap (or some other liquid).