99,987 Posts

apldeap #TheCrown feat. @slapshock_official is now on YouTube! Check it out! youtube.com/wearebmbx #opm #proudpinoy @wearebmbx 13min

» LOG IN to write comment.

justgrachelle__ @guadafernandezcuervo meal for one @danyehe is not hungry. Don't get manic get organic. Thanks To our friend Francis who cooked #Filipinfood#pinoyfood is the best #shrimps #seabass #seafood #sinigang na pork. Haha. 2h

» LOG IN to write comment.

nilopillow Good Night world!!! Nilo Pillow a proudly Filipino character. The world's most travelled pillow. He has been to more than 100countries already.
#nilopillow #nilopillower #ilovenilopillow #theworldsmosttravelledpillow #cute #fluffy #filipino #proudlyfilipino #proudpinoy#proudlypinoy #filipinocharacter
3h

» LOG IN to write comment.

Normal Hazil Pinuela
haiz_rock #WelcomeBackNeil I am happy to see you again playing with the team I am here always to support you welcome back @neil38etheridge #proudpinoy #PlayToInspire #LahinNgPalaban 3h

» LOG IN to write comment.

verniehembra Second tallest flagpole in the country.. Who's excited for June 12, 2015? Philippine Independence Day celebration to be held in town. First time in the history, ever. #117YearOfFreedom #ProudToBeAFilipino #ProudPinoy #ProudSantaBarbaranhon 3h

» LOG IN to write comment.

Normal Hazil Pinuela
haiz_rock #GoodLuck to our National Football Team #Azkals for their friendly match against #AzkalsVsBahrain I know you can do it guys win the game we are here to support you #proudpinoy #PlayToInspire #AboveAll #sugodAzkals 3h

» LOG IN to write comment.

myshinygirl Went to the beach yesterday and saw this hardworking man selling floaters under the summer heat to earn a living. #pinoy #proudpinoy #beach #pilipinas 4h

» LOG IN to write comment.

rhey_torre Lord God, please give us a safe trip!
#pal #vacation #seeyousoonest #proudpinoy
4h

» LOG IN to write comment.

nurse_paulibo Saint Lawrence Church, Tiwi Albay

#albaychurches #visitaiglesia #religion #iamheretopromotealbay #Godislove #bicolregion #proudpinoy #wheninphil #catholic #tradition #wheninpinas #travelogue
Three hundred and forty-four years ago, Spanish Franciscan friars, 39 years after having established Christianity in Malinao in 1619, planted the Cross on a virginal land near the shore north of Malinao. The land was luxuriant with a gabi-like plant named Tigbi. Hence, the friars called the place Tigbi, which evolved into Tivi and, then, finally to its present name Tiwi.

This place began as a barrio of Malinao before it was formally organized as a politically independent pueblo in 1696. As a pueblo, it was governed by a gobernadorcillo. As a Catholic parish, it was administered by a secular priest under the then Diocese of Nueva Caceres, now an archdiocese. In its primeval stages, it had some 1,105 houses, a parish church, a community-funded primary school, and a cemetery outside the town proper. The villagers ordinarily engaged in fishing, planting rice, corn, sugarcane, indigo, fruit-bearing trees, and vegetables. Aside from agriculture, they also busied themselves weaving cotton and abaca clothes, and in pottery.

Kagnipa, known today as Barangay Baybay, the dilapidated Sinimbahan, the remnant of the first concrete house of worship built by the Franciscans led by the pastor of Malinao, Fray Pedro de Brosas, remains to be the deaf witness of both the villagers’ ready acceptance of the Christian faith and their suffering of persecution at the hands of the Moslems; Christian missionaries called them Moros. The parola by the shore of Sitio Nipa of the same barangay testifies to the people’s paralyzing fear of the Moros’ capricious forays. The market site of the pueblo before these raids was located in the present location of Baybay Elementary School. In order to sidetrack surprise attacks, at least temporarily, the market site was transferred to southernmost part of now Brgy. Baybay; henceforth, it was called Binanwaan.
4h

» LOG IN to write comment.

nurse_paulibo Saint Stephen The Protomartyr Church, Ligao City

#albaychurches #visitaiglesia #religion #iamheretopromotealbay #Godislove #bicolregion #proudpinoy #wheninphil #catholic #tradition #wheninpinas #travelogue
The Parish church of St. Stephen Protomartyr in Ligao is a prominent landmark in the city frequented by pilgrims and tourists.

The city of Ligao traces its history from the 16th century when a small settlement known as Cavasi existed without a ruler or leader. Every resident was peaceful in his endeavor. This trait enabled the settlement to grow and even attracted other natives from nearby settlements. Along with increasing population, ambitious and aggressive leaders emerged causing friction and creating factions endangering the general peace in the settlement. Five divisions were formed led by maginoos (chieftains): Pagkilatan, Maaban, Sanpongan, Makabongay and Hokoman.

Chieftain Hokoman considered himself the supreme leader over the whole settlement. Even then, rivalry and strife persisted and the once peaceful inhabitants lived in constant fear. According to accounts by Father Felix de Huerta, a Spanish Corporal endowed with the ability to settle jurisdictional disputes mediated among the ruling Maginoos. With the approval of the other chieftains, Pagkilatan was chosen the Supreme Chieftain over the entire settlement and peace and tranquility returned to the place.

The town was founded as a barrio of Polangui in 1606, was ceded to Oas in 1665, and finally became an independent municipality in 1666. Since then, the once minor settlement called Cavasi prospered economically, socially and politically.
5h

» LOG IN to write comment.

nurse_paulibo Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church, Malilipot Albay

#albaychurches #visitaiglesia #religion #iamheretopromotealbay #Godislove #bicolregion #proudpinoy #wheninphil #catholic #tradition #wheninpinas #travelogue
Of all the Spanish period churches in Albay, if not the Philippines, work on the Malilipot Church probably took the longest.

While the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church was built beginning in 1789, it was completed only after 88 years or in 1877.

As it stands today, the structure is made of volcanic stone blocks glued together by an adhesive concoction popularly used during the period: a mixture of lime made out of seashells, honey, and egg.

Its facade exhibits a symmetrical arrangement—a bell tower at each side of the pediment. At both sides of the church’s main portal are three columns that clearly depict Hispanic influence on church architecture. These three columns have been made an icon in the Albay Architectural Heritage Project Logo.

The Bautisterio still has its relatively old baptismal font, and the grills are of vintage 18th century metalwork. The massive walls are made of hardwood held in place by butterfly hinges and are a showcase of the excellent quality of the workmanship of olden artisans.
The Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church is one of only two in the Province of Albay that feature twin bell towers, the other being Sto. Domingo Church in the nearby town of Sto. Domingo.
Like all other Albay towns, Malilipot was not spared by the recurring violent pirate incursions. Brave as the natives were, being deprived of bearing arms to defend themselves often made them seek shelter in the mountain ranges bordering Mayon Volcano.

Nevertheless, many of them still perished in the hands of the pirates or were captured and taken as slaves.

The people of Malilipot were said to be the most armed and ready to fight intruders, according to an account in the book “Bicol Voices: An Anthology” written by Merito Espinas. They, like all other Bikol natives, according to Fray Martin de Rada, OSA, were “the most valiant and best armed in all these islands.”
5h

» LOG IN to write comment.

nurse_paulibo Saints Joachim & Anne Church, Malinao Albay

#albaychurches #visitaiglesia #religion #iamheretopromotealbay #Godislove #bicolregion #proudpinoy #wheninphil #catholic #tradition #wheninpinas #travelogue
Of the many Philippine edifices built for worship during Spanish colonial times, the Church of Saints Joachim and Anne holds the distinction of being one of the oldest in the country.

The Malinao Church was built using volcanic stone blocks. Its ceilings, doors, and pulpit were made of hardwood.
Ayala Museum Archives records trace the structure’s construction way back to 1660. Its size easily identified it, then, as the biggest in the Province of Albay.

In 1616, Malinao was declared as a missionary outreach village of Albay. It became an independent visita in 1619 under the care of the Franciscan friars. This lasted until 1696 when it was turned over to the secular clergy.

When Malinao became a parish, it was placed under the patronage of St. Anne. Much later, St. Joachim also became its patron. Thus, the parish is now known to be that of Saints Joachim and Anne.
5h

» LOG IN to write comment.

nurse_paulibo Saint Michael The Archangel Parish Church, Oas Albay

#albaychurches #visitaiglesia #religion #iamheretopromotealbay #Godislove #bicolregion #proudpinoy #wheninphil #catholic #tradition #wheninpinas #travelogue

The St. Michael the Archangel Parish Church in Oas was founded in 1605 by Franciscan missionaries. Fray Marcos de Lisboa was its first pastor. The first Oas church was made of wood and cogon grass. In 1825, a bigger church with a rectory was built out of volcanic rocks and bricks. The construction of the new church was supervised by Fray Francisco de Anunciacion O. Peñaranda.
P. Fray Marcos de Lisboa compiled “Vocabulario de la Lengua Bicol”, the first Bicol Dictionary published posthumously in Sampaloc, 1754, from his manuscript. He resided in the Bikol region for nine years from 1602 to 1611 and was “Definidor y Ministro” of the town of Nabua (1602), administrator of the town of Oas (1605), and Vicario Provincial of the Province of Camarines (1609-1611). The first structural foundation of the church was made of wood and cogon grass. In 1866, the church and the rectory was damaged in a fire. Later that same year, the church was rebuilt under the supervision of Fray Francisco de Aragones. A transept was added to the church by Fray Santos Herrijon who served as pastor from 1873 to 1878. In 1884, a strong earthquake and a subsequent typhoon demolished the church and the rectory.

Another strong typhoon in 1947 damaged the church and it had to be rebuilt. Fr. Luis Dimarumba spearheaded efforts to repair the church edifice. In 1997, under the dynamic leadership of Msgr. Rolando Diokno, the Oaseños finally realized their dream of coming together for worship in a beautifully renovated church. On May 8, 1997, the fiesta of the patron saint was celebrated with the blessing and inauguration of the renovated church building.

Traditionally, Oas celebrates its town fiesta on May 8, but the parish observes another feast on September 29 according to the church calendar. On this day, the newly established Himoloan festival is held, showcasing the religious traditions of Oas and the spirit of oneness and Alay Kapwa – aid to the neighbor in need.
5h

» LOG IN to write comment.