168 Posts

nfcabrera Not my typical but in honor of Napa and the quake, I'm downin this cab tonight. Also for homeslice, @ffejkc
#wine #wineconquistador #cabernet #cabernetsauvignon #napa #sundaywine #homeslice #nickel&nickel #2009vintage
3w

» LOG IN to write comment.

allthingsangela And it continues!I love my wine friends... they just keep bringing out and sharing the best wines. It does hurt that the bottle (2 of them) were shared under the stars with more friends on the patio. Good times! Thanks my sweet friends for cheersing (we made up that word) lol my birthday.It was a great night. #wine #cheers #latergram #patio #winewithfriends #underthestars #muga #rioja #mugawines #2009vintage #lovely #redwine #latenight #birthday #birthdaygirl #happybirthdaytome #friends #ihavethebestfriends #spanishwines 3w

» LOG IN to write comment.

stephanie__waters The only white wine we had to use for our risotto tonight. It'll probably taste very good #domainchandon #2009vintage #savblanc #wine #vino #risotto #foodstagram 4w

» LOG IN to write comment.

» LOG IN to write comment.

» LOG IN to write comment.

Normal Jesper Lambert Nielsen
jesperlambert Har lige trukket denne lækre flaske op! Alene hjemme. William lagt i seng og Kristina i byen! #spanishwine #wine #rioja #vintage2009 #2009vintage 1mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

Unknown Johnny Shih
johnnyshih99 Made this 5 years ago in cegep. Now that I'm done w univ finally uncorking it. #2009vintage #vaniercollege 2mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

thewinebox Let's talk "Charbono". I'm a huge Bonarda fan as you've seen from previous posts, but did you know that "Charbono" (as grown here in the states) is the same grape? It originated in the Savoie region of France under a couple names-- one of which was "Douce Noir". In Argentina, it's the second most widely planted under the name "Bonarda" and the 65 acres that remain in the US-- "Charbono". The grape is known for it's dark, high tannin and medium to high acidity. There's also a certain "blueberry component" (as my coworker @donmoments pointed out) that you don't see as much of in other varietals. This 09' Shypoke Charbono from Calistoga is a STUNNING wine for the price and sings with black cherries, dark ripe plums and tar on the nose. Flavors of blueberries and black fig jam are framed by a beautiful acidity and long round tannins finish the story. Do yourself a favor and drink more Charbono/Bonarda ! #shypoke #napavalley #dirtybandits #thewinepoor #charbono #bonarda #2009vintage #california #wine #thewinebox #timswinemarket @timswinemarket 2mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

2mon thewinebox
Valencia Derrick Smith Jr.
thewinebox This is a lovely wine that should be slipping back into sight for us in the not too distant future. This is Tamarack Cellars Ciel Du Cheval ("Horse Heaven") Blend from the smallest Appellation in Washington State-- Red Mountain. This is a great blend of 50% #cabernetsauvignon , 25% #merlot and 25% #cabernetfranc . The cooperage consists of the wine spending 22 months in 75% new French oak and the remaining 25% in second-use barrels. Truly fantastic wine that gives off pepper, clove, bright and lush ripe berries and velvet. Great vintage, great producer, and a beautiful wine. #2009vintage #tamarackcellars #washingtonstate #redmountain #horseheaven #redblend #wallawalla #wine #dirtybandits #thewinebox #thewinepoor #cielducheval #winegeek 2mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

thewinebox Thanks to a surprise visit from our good friend @toreytran , we were able to taste some fantastic #rocca #2009vintage wines. Fantastic small producer from humble and honest roots -- exactly what we love. They showed quite well, and I'm excited to see what Rocca will bring to the table in the future. If you haven't tried these, now is a better time than ever. Go for it! #grigsbyvineyards #roccawines #cabernetsauvignon #wine #thewinebox #dirtybandits #thewinepoor visit them at www.roccawines.com 2mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

» LOG IN to write comment.