davies_king "Somewhere beyond right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there." #Quote 2d

» LOG IN to write comment.

» LOG IN to write comment.

» LOG IN to write comment.

» LOG IN to write comment.

davies_king "FTFF" #AntiAusterityMarch #Protest London - #Saturday 20th June #2015 #iPhoneonly #Handsfree #iPhoneography #Photo CONTINUED - here’s what has already been cut by the last government:

NHS spending

In 2012, the Independent on Sunday reported Labour analysis of Treasury figures showed NHS #spending was found to have been cut by £800m in real terms by analysing Treasury figures. The numbers showed that #NHS spending in 2009/10 had been £99.8bn, in 2010/11 it was £102bn, and in 2011/12 £104.3bn. When inflation had been taken into account and the numbers based on 2011/12 prices, NHS spending had actually fallen from £105.1bn in 2009/10; £104.4bn in 2010/11 – a fall of 0.6 per cent; and £104.3bn in 2011/12, a further fall of 0.1 per cent.

NHS #children’s mental health services

NHS spending on children’s mental health #services in #England has dropped by nearly £50m between 2009/10 and 2013/14 – the latest year figures are available for. The figures were revealed through a parliamentary answer, showing that in the last year of the previous Labour government spending had been at £766m in terms of 2013/14 prices. The figures showed that under the Coalition this had dropped to £717m in 2013/14.

NHS mental health trusts funding

Funding for mental #health trusts and the services they provide have been eight per cent in real terms since 2010, equating to nearly £600m after inflation had been accounted for, an investigation by #Community Care and BBC News discovered. During this period the community #mental health teams, which aim to stop people’s mental health passing a “crisis point”, have seen their referrals rise by 20 per cent.

Child benefit

Child #benefit, once available to all parents, is no longer available in full for families where one #parent earns more than £50,000 per year.

Social care

A million elderly people aged between 65 and 89 who need help with basic tasks like washing, dressing and climbing the stairs have been left to fend for themselves due to cuts to local-government funded #social care over the past five years according to Age UK. The #charity says this puts more pressure on the NHS.
1w

» LOG IN to write comment.

davies_king #AntiAusterity #Protest March London - #Saturday 20th June #2015 #iPhoneonly #Handsfree #iPhoneography #HD #TimeLapse #FrameLapse #Video #Music #Lowkey Why people are #marching against #Austerity: These are the biggest Tory cuts so far (and the worst is yet to come)

Tens of thousands of people are today expected to take part in the #EndAusterityNow march in #London.

The People’s Assembly, which is organising the protests against government cuts, said the #rally would be the start of a #campaign of “strikes, direct action and #CivilDisobedience” across the UK.

We will not rest until austerity is history, our services are back in public hands and the needs of the majority are put first.

#SamFairbairn of #ThePeoplesAssembly

Last year, the Office for Budget #responsibility revealed that only 40 per cent of the cuts planned by George Osborne had been made under the #coalition - effectively meaning the remaining 60 per cent would be made in this #parliament by 2020.

In other words, the worst is yet to come.

With that in mind, here’s what has already been cut by the last #government:

#Police

More than 1,000 police community support officer (PCSO) jobs have been cut in England each year since 2010, a total of 4,430 positions, according to Home Office statistics analysed by #Unison. PCSOs make up 75 per cent of neighbourhood policing teams. The BBC reports the number of police officers currently employed across England and Wales is 127,000 – the lowest since September 2001.

#Firefighters

By 2011 more than 1,000 jobs had been cut across England, Scotland and Wales according to the Fire Brigades Union. By 2014, 10 firestations in London alone were forced to close, causing 552 jobs to be lost, as part of £45m worth of savings needed to be made across the capital’s service by 2016.

Disabled people

Under the last government, the Independent Living Fund, which provided £320m worth of financial support to around 18,000 disabled people, was abolished. The fund was set up to allow disabled people live in their #communities rather than residential care.
1w

» LOG IN to write comment.