laurenkrandall Having fun at Railfest riding the train! 🚂 1mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

shortdiv A wonderful Memorial Day morning spent at the #saidelmemorialbikeride #dayton 2mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

dawnebouch Happy Easter, Dayton!
@ dayton community sunrise service...glorious morning :)
3mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

daytonhistory Happy Birthday to Wilbur Wright! He was born 147 years ago today on April 16, 1867. Wilbur's bust along with his brother Orville's can be found inside Wright Hall (dedicated in 1950) which is part of the John W. Berry, Sr. Wright Brothers Aviation Center at Carillon Historical Park.
This photo was taken on April 12, 2014.

daytonhistory.org

Photo by Tom Gilliam of @daytongram for Dayton History

#daytonhistory #carillonpark #wilburwright
3mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

daytonhistory Magnolia tree next to the Hetzel Summer Kitchen (built 1817) at Carillon Historical Park.
daytonhistory.org

This photo was taken on April 12, 2014.

Photo by Tom Gilliam of @daytongram for Dayton History

#daytonhistory #carillonpark
4mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

dougsbeard substitute centerfielder for the carillon clodbusters #OldTimey #Baseball 4mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

magmac20 Got in touch with some history today. Dayton Flood ca.1913 4mon

» LOG IN to write comment.

daytonhistory ArtiFACT Friday
Brought to you by Dayton History at Carillon Park
The Old Court House, shortly after the 1913 Flood... Located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Third and Main Streets, the Old Court House is situated, literally, in the heart of downtown Dayton. Daniel C. Cooper donated the land to the county in 1805, “…in consideration of having the seat of justice established here…”. The central location was a natural gathering spot for the public, and over the next century it continued to play an important role in community life. Various rallies, conventions, community drives and other notable events have taken place amongst the noble columns on the portico and on the grounds surrounding the majestic structure. Pictured here is the Old Court House, with a view of the south side of the building, probably taken sometime in the latter part of 1913. One can see the oversized cash register sign located on the corner of the building that notes that over two million dollars had already been raised for the flood fund and that “contributions are still being counted.” This photo is part of Dayton History’s Image Collection.
4mon

» LOG IN to write comment.